Friday, October 29, 2004

 

Spartans overrated -- for now

I love my Spartans. I really do. But they have no business being ranked 10th in the USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 basketball poll. Did anyone pay attention to last season besides me? They lost to a Nevada team with just one legitimate one player in the NCAA tournament. (Thanks to my wedding, I was spared the agony of watching that live -- no sports bars in Chennai with the NCAA tournament on. But it looked just awful on tape when I returned. Talk about coming down from a honeymoon high.) And they couldn't defend the perimeter or rebound. This year's edition should be better, especially with freshman Drew Neitzel taking over at the point. But they're not the No. 10 in the country. Not yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?